Take another quiz >
thumb

Double F Vocabulary Words Quiz

Based on the definitions, guess these words that contain FF.
Give Up?
Enter word here:
0 / 20 guessed
The quiz is paused. You have remaining.
Scoring
You scored /20 = %.
This beats or equals % of test takers
The average score is
Your high score is
Your best time is remaining
Points
You have earned / 5 points for this quiz
This quiz is not eligible for points
Next Level
/
Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats ...
×
Help

Enter answers in the area marked "Enter word here".

You can enter any answer, at any time - they don't have to be in order

Punctuation and capitalization don't matter on JetPunk.

Definition
Word
Very tall African animal
Blunder; faux pas
The right to vote
To not pay an expected tip
A poor golfer
Stimulant found in coffee
Vandalism or street art,
depending on one's perspective
To misrepresent the strength of
one's poker hand
Court officer
To polish
Definition
Word
Limousine driver
To sell illegal goods, especially drugs
Engine noise dampener
Small flat-bottomed open boat
Importation tax
Type of expensive mushroom
To extinguish a candle
Flakes of dead skin from the scalp
Red spice made from flowers
Cajun stew of crayfish
and vegetables, served over rice
Answer Stats
Definition
Word
% Correct
Your %
(65)
can't a blunder be a "muff"?
reply
delete
Aug 11, 2013
(66)
reply
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(57)
Or fluff.
reply
delete
Mar 22, 2016
(38)
kept trying to put plantiff
reply
delete
Aug 11, 2013
(38)
Only 18% got etouffee? The other 82% need to hightail it to New Orleans or (preferably) find a friend with a Cajun grandmother.
reply
delete
Aug 11, 2013
(58)
If you are in Chicago, check out Buddy Guy's Legends. Best blues and Cajun food in the Midwest.
reply
delete
Aug 12, 2013
(73)
Not being American I have heard the name of the dish once in my life, although it's been in the past year. And no, I didn't get it this time.
reply
delete
May 4, 2014
(59)
I did not get it, but it sure sounds good!
reply
delete
Nov 5, 2015
(68)
I'm not a big fan of crawdads (crayfish) except as fish bait. Maybe they taste better in LA, but around here they have a muddy taste. I prefer my etouffe with crab or shrimp.
delete
Jun 13, 2016
(53)
Kept thinking muffuletta - clearly not understanding what it is.
reply
delete
Jun 13, 2016
(7)
Fun quiz...quite enjoyed it despite getting 16/20. Cheers!
reply
delete
Aug 13, 2013
(21)
Similar sentiment about this quiz as well as similar score 16 out of 20.
reply
delete
Aug 25, 2013
(58)
I thought saffron was golden orange, not red.
reply
delete
Oct 17, 2013
(50)
As a spice, it's kind of red, but it sure turns your food yellow! And as a color name, "saffron" is distinctly yellow.
reply
delete
May 2, 2014
(66)
A sheriff is also an officer of the court in most Commonwealth countries
reply
delete
Jun 6, 2014
(4)
gaffe can be spelled gaff.. please add
reply
delete
Jul 8, 2014
(60)
Only when referring to the fishing spear/spar used to land large fish, etc. The mistake is only gaffe and hence your mistake too.
reply
delete
Feb 19, 2015
(67)
Please accept chauffeuse for limousine driver.
reply
delete
Sep 16, 2014
(59)
And 'Dufferesse' for golfer.
reply
delete
Nov 5, 2015
(77)
Why would dufferesse need to be added? You would have to type the correct answer on your way to it.
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(66)
Also accept graffito (the singular of graffiti)?
reply
delete
Aug 5, 2015
(65)
Never occurred to me to add an e to 'gaff'
reply
delete
Sep 22, 2015
(50)
Saffron is more orange/yellow than it is red.
reply
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(60)
Saffron itself is red/orange-ish red (Wikipedia calls it "crimson", which may or may not be helpful!) by itself. I've seen/used dark red to light orangey-red, but never seen saffron itself being pure orange or yellow (though there may be different varieties with different availabilities in different countries). As someone above noted, it does TURN things yellow--rice, chicken, your cutting board, your hands...
reply
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(57)
You should add a clue for "quaff".
reply
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(66)
And here's a quiz for words that end in FF.
reply
delete
Mar 21, 2016
(57)
Thanks, Jerry928!!
reply
delete
Mar 23, 2016
(18)
Buff - to polish was once one of my vocabulary words
reply
delete
Mar 25, 2016
(28)
IMO, étouffée is too hard to guess. And impossible to spell unless you know French. I'd recommend changing it to a French food that's more well known, and easier to spell: Souffle. The hint could be, "Flavored air".
reply
delete
Jun 25, 2016
×
Congrats!
You have reached a new level
To save this level, you'll have to
create an account
×
Congrats!
You have earned a new badge
To save this badge, you'll have to
create an account