Countries with the Most Golf Courses

Guess the 14 countries that have the most golf courses.
As of 2017. Source
Quiz by kristian83
Rate:
Last updated: August 15, 2017
First submittedAugust 12, 2016
Times taken16,951
Rating4.38
3:00
Enter answer here
0
 / 14 guessed
The quiz is paused. You have remaining.
Scoring
You scored / = %
This beats or equals % of test takers also scored 100%
The average score is
Your high score is
Your fastest time is
Keep scrolling down for answers and more stats ...
#
Country
15,047
United States
3,349
United Kingdom
2,295
Canada
2,290
Japan
1,591
Australia
637
France
485
Sweden
#
Country
484
South Africa
457
Ireland
444
South Korea
418
Spain
410
New Zealand
383
China
316
Argentina
+3
Level 84
Aug 15, 2017
Forgot South Korea, should have realized it since they're winning more and more tournaments, esp. the women
+12
Level 65
Aug 15, 2017
North Korea is still best Korea for golf!
+23
Level 72
Aug 21, 2017
Is that because Kim got 18 holes in one in one game?
+5
Level 81
Nov 14, 2017
^ I heard that, too. That would indeed make them pretty dominant.
+1
Level 74
Aug 16, 2017
FYI - broken source link.
+1
Level 24
Nov 14, 2017
Loads fine for me, it auto-downloads a PDF on the topic
+1
Level 51
Sep 5, 2017
Source link still broken as of 5 September.
+2
Level āˆž
Sep 5, 2017
Fixed
+1
Level 76
Oct 25, 2017
100% and I detest golf. I'm at a loss.
+1
Level 75
Nov 14, 2017
Why do you detest it? It's a good sport.
+1
Level 78
Nov 14, 2017
I enjoy playing, but I detest watching it.
+6
Level 61
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden? I had no idea. I typed it in as a joke.
+3
Level 84
Nov 14, 2017
According to the source linked there are 747 courses in Germany.
+1
Level 71
Nov 14, 2017
Would be nice to add Germany to the list with its 747 courses....
+2
Level āˆž
Nov 14, 2017
Either the source changed or I missed that one. I wish someone had mentioned it earlier but I don't want to reset the stats on the day the quiz is featured, so its going to have to wait until the next update.
+1
Level 59
Nov 14, 2017
Since I know nothing about golf my reasoning was pretty much "more rich people = more golf courses"

Didn't work out the best but got 10/14

+1
Level 75
Nov 15, 2017
Very surprising to me that Japan is that high on the list. With usable land at a premium, you'd think that golf courses would be a very low priority use.
+1
Level 55
Aug 24, 2019
japanese and the koreans are crazy about golf. in the middle east even during the damn hot summer, they are the majority of those playing, along with some westerners.

in the business world in the west, out of office meetings are usually lunch or power breakfasts. In asia and in Japan in particular, its usually business dinner or business golf. So golf is very important in terms of business relationship.

even though 80 percent of the land is mountain, they make golf courses in the remaining 20 percent of playable land, very efficient there too.

+1
Level 50
Nov 30, 2017
Iā€™m surprised I was able to get 13/14, considering I never actually cared about golf.
+1
Level 53
Feb 20, 2019
Russia and Mongolia should have a lot more - they have lots of unused flat land
+1
Level 74
Aug 27, 2020
Canada and Australia both have more courses per capita than the U.S...........Interesting.
+1
Level 52
Nov 5, 2020
We have a lot of open space for golf courses up here.
+1
Level 75
Sep 28, 2020
Not surprised to see Ireland on here . if the worldwide recession hadn't happened and the building boom continued it was possible that Ireland would now be one big golf course .
+1
Level 51
Jan 19, 2021
The Nullabor Links golf course in Australia spans 1,365 km from Kalgoorlie (WA) to Ceduna (SA)!
+1
Level 72
Feb 19, 2021
Got them all with 2:25 remaining!