JetPunk Change Log
We have begun converting some of our tables into "Super Tables". These new tables are searchable, sortable and filterable! You can also select a random quiz from the table with a single button.
As of today, you can see these changes on any User Quiz Page, Series Page or any Quiz Suggestions Page. (To access the latter, simply finish a quiz and click "More Suggestions" in the grey box at the top).
Over time, we will continue to convert other tables to include this new functionality.
We made some changes to map quizzes including adding keyboard shortcuts for desktop users.
Quiz creators can now block users from commenting on their quizzes.
We made many behind-the-scenes changes to how our site works in order to reduce the time we spend moderating quizzes and comments.
We've taken action to reduce the amount of spam on our Recent User Blogs page. Some users have now been hidden due to excessive and low quality blog posts. Don't let this happen to you! Use proper punctuation and spelling today.
Today we made a few small changes, including:
- Nominations will now show how many you have left, and how long you have to wait if you've run out. They are also visible to the user themself on their quiz index page.
- You can now remove your rating from a quiz by clicking the small grey "x" to the right.
- Private quizzes are now "link-only" and won't be visible in a user's quiz list except to the user themselves.
- In the quiz editor you can now add / remove caveats more easily, as well as collapse or expand all type-ins at once.
- For our color-blind users, we now make standard city-circles a little darker so they can be more easily differentiated from the correct cities.
Stewart has added a bunch of new features to make it easier to add maps to a quiz. There are so many changes it's hard to summarize them all. Fortunately, you can read all about them in this blog post.
Thanks to Stewart for all his hard work to make this possible!
Update (June 23rd) - We have now added zooming capability on clickable map quizzes too, by popular demand.
You may have noticed that we made a change to the sidebar to make it look less cluttered. We also added a new page showing the most-taken quizzes per day by language.
Slow typists rejoice. We've added a couple more type-ins. "NZ" will now work for New Zealand, and "KSA" will now work for Saudi Arabia.
We have expanded our list of most-nominated quizzes to show all quizzes with at least 3 nominations.
We made a couple small cosmetic changes to the front page.
Update April 24: We undid some of them...
We now accept "DR" as an official type-in for the Dominican Republic.
Quiz creators can now mark a quiz as "private" if they don't want it to show up in the recent user quizzes list or in search.
This option is located underneath "language" in Step 1 of the quiz editor.
You can now mark a comment on one of your quizzes as "sticky" so that it will always appear at the top of the comments section.
Sometimes, updated quizzes appear on the Recent User Quizzes page and on e-mails sent to subscribers.
To prevent clutter, we've changed the criteria for when a quiz will appear in those places. Here are the new criteria...
1. The quiz must have new or changed answers.
2. The quiz can only be marked as updated every so often, depending on how often it has been taken.
|Times taken||Minimum interval|
|1000 +||3 months|
|50 +||9 months|
|10 +||24 months|