U.K. Cities by Distance from a Bigger One
Yesterday, I toiled many hours manually collecting data for the quiz, Biggest British Cities within 50 Kilometres. There was probably an easier way to do with a formula or something, but I didn't know it and just did it manually instead.
I thought people might want to have a full list of the data that I collected yesterday, so here it is:
Just posting a link to a quiz and a Google Sheet I thought might not be enough to be worth a blog post, so I thought we might add some other stats for statistics and geography nerds such as myself.
A few notes before we jump in:
- We always use the Greater London population, instead of the City of London
- All distances are in kilometres
- London has an infinite distance to a larger city because we don't count Irish cities, etc. when calculating distance to a bigger city
- Chester uses urban area population, everything else is city proper
- Distances are measured from the city centre
- Official cities only
Cities Farthest From a Bigger One
Biggest Cities Fewer than 50k From a Bigger One
|Overall Rank||City||Population||Distance||Bigger City|
Okay, these charts are taking way longer than expected to make, so I think I'll stop now.
Thanks for reading!